Friday 4 April 2014

Fellaini Keen to Impress

Marouane Fellaini insists his injury-hit debut season with United has only enhanced his desire to be successful at Old Trafford.


The 26-year-old Belgian completed a deadline day transfer in August and made a steady start before undergoing surgery on a wrist injury, which forced him to miss 17 matches between 4 December and 22 February.  

Since making his comeback in the 2-0 win at Crystal Palace, Fellaini has shown signs of improvement and appears to have settled into life at the Aon Training Complex. As he recently admitted in an exclusive interview with United Review, his confidence levels are growing.

"I was injured for a while but I know I can play better for the team," Marouane said. "I feel more confident in myself now because I know the players and I know how to play in this team, which is important for me."

"When I arrived, I didn't know the players and the team at all, but now I know everybody and I am benefitting as a result. I have played well in quite a few games, so I am happy with that. I am excited about what is to come and I am determined to be successful for this club."

As Fellaini points out, it wasn't exactly ideal to watch so many matches from the stands when he was so eager to catch the eye: "Of course it was very frustrating because I was at a new club with new team-mates and I wanted to play, I wanted to win and I wanted to impress.

"I was frustrated to watch so many matches from the stands and it was difficult. But it is great to be back and I have played a lot of games recently. We have picked up some good results and have improved as a team as well, so I want to keep that going."

No comments:

Post a Comment