Tuesday 11 March 2014

Wilson's hat-trick delight

James Wilson was delighted with his hat-trick in the Under-21s' 3-0 win at Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday as he aims to keep improving.



The prolific striker was forced to pull out of the England Under-19 squad last week through illness but looked in great shape when smashing three second-half goals past Jonathan Flatt at Molineux.

The treble was the first by a United player this season at the three main levels (first team, Reserves/Under-21s and Under-18s) and takes his tally to four in four starts for Warren Joyce's team.

"It was well played by the players with good work rate," he told MUTV. "We work hard every day in training and just need the performances to get goals and win games.

"The first and second goals were kind of the same. For the first one I saw the defender coming towards me and pushed it away from him, it was a snap shot really for the second and the last one I was standing still in the box and it fell to me nicely so I put it away.

"I work on my shooting quite a lot, to be fair. I train a lot after training and put in extra, even before it as well I do extra finishing."

The chance to parade his talents at Molineux pleased the teenager, who has ambitions to catch David Moyes' eye.

"It was great," he added. "As soon as you walk in here, it's a massive ground with a great history so it's good to play here. It's good experience to play at these big stadiums.

"I just want to get as many minutes on the pitch as possible and keep my confidence up, hopefully pushing up to the first-team squad. I need to hope for the best.

"I can definitely relate a lot to Adnan [Januzaj] and the stage he was at last year. I hope I can kick on."

No comments:

Post a Comment